This job posting is no longer active.
Since our founding in 1999, Golf Town Limited has grown to become Canada's golf superstore. With stores across Canada, we have everything you need to play your very best.
We want you! Golf town is looking for a driven Department Store Manager that is passionate about golf, leadership and serving others. This role is responsible for driving exceptional customer service, sales and operational functions within the Clubs & Accessories department of the store.
Description of the role
Key responsibilities as a Department Manager
Customer Service & Sales
- Offer customers the highest level of service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance
- Lead customers through a sales experience through your knowledge of the game, fashion trends, clothing, shoes, accessories and Golf Town vendor product lines
Leadership & Team Development
- Support in the recruitment and selection of Sales Associates
- Assist in training of sales, customer service, merchandising, product knowledge and operations
- Participate in performance management of employees such as disciplinary procedures and annual reviews
- Increase department sales through ongoing training and coaching to Sales Associates on suggestive selling techniques
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program and execute on all associated responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention and cash handling procedures
Required skills and Knowledge
- A passion to lead customers through a sales experience through your knowledge of the game, fashion trends, clothing, shoes, accessories and Golf Town vendor product lines
- Keen interest in golf and regularly keeping up to date with fashion trends and new innovations in golf retail
- 1 + years of retail experience
- Previous experience in a retail supervisory or merchandise planning role is an asset/li>
This will make you stand out as a perfect Department Manager
- You live for green fairways, long drives and holes in one
- You have a passion for the game of golf and for winning
- You live an active, healthy lifestyle
- You believe in being your authentic self everyday and want to join a team of leaders, innovators and lovers of the game
- Golf town is looking for a sales associate that is passionate about golf, golf equipment and sharing this with others
- Access to the sport's best brands and vendors, including training and learning opportunities to improve your game
- Competitive compensation including bonus, benefits and vacation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional development opportunities
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.