Since our founding in 1999, Golf Town Limited has grown to become Canada's golf superstore. With stores all across Canada, we have everything you need to play your best.
Customer service, sales, and culture. We are looking for a great Assistant Sales Manager that can drive sales, increase profitability, and maintain fantastic customer service. The Assistant Manager role will be project-based and support all stores in BC.
Description of the Role
As an Assistant Sales Manager, you will be in charge of fostering a positive culture, manage and build a team of extraordinary store associate, communicate and deliver key strategic initiatives, and oversee customer service, sales, merchandise processing and operational functions of the store.
Key Responsibilities - What You'll Do
1. Drive sales and provide exceptional customer service
- This includes the training, development and motivation of our great sales associates.
2. Store presentation and inventory management
- In your position, you'll make sure that our store standards are met, our inventory is appropriately being displayed and moved out of the warehouse in a timely fashion.
3. Protection of company assets
- You will work closely with our loss prevention team to reduce shrink and ensure that our stores are being adequately closed.
- You will be an integral part of the recruitment, training, growth, and evaluation of our sales associates.
5. Financial analysis
- You will use financial analysis tools to understand and suggest improvements in the stores' operations to improve their profitability.
Position Requirements - What You'll Bring!
- 3-5 years of experience in a retail supervisory or management position.
- Bilingualism (Mandarin or Cantonese / English) is required.
- Certified fitter with 3 to 5 years of golf sales and fitting experience.
- A passion for retail with a strong understanding of the game of golf.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to travel between store locations (70%).
We have a comprehensive compensation package, a competitive salary, growth opportunities, access to the best equipment, and fantastic product discounts!
Golf Town Limited is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Golf Town Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.